To qualify for admission to the Creekside Hospice Program the patient must:
* Be referred by a physician.
* Have a life limiting condition with a prognosis of six months or less as certified by the physician. Such conditions include: cancer, end stage lung, heart and neuromuscular diseases, final stage of parkinson's, alzheimer's or diabetes, debilitating conditions or multiple disease processes associated with aging.
* Agree to stop aggressive measures to cure the disease or condition and switch the focus of medical treatment to comfort or palliative care.
* Have a primary caregiver, family member, relative, friend or hired staff.
The Creekside Hospice team will conduct a patient evaluation at the request of the physician and assist the family in decision-making and caregiving arrangements.
Hospice care is provided on an interim basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week based upon an approved Plan Of Care involving the physician, the hospice team, the patient and all caregivers.
Prescription medications, supplies and medical equipment related to the patient's terminal illness are provided at no cost to the patient or family.
• Skilled Nurses (RN's and LPN's)
• Certified Nurse's Aides
• Licensed Social Workers
• Pastoral/Spiritual Counselor
• Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapists
• Nutritional Counselor
• Bereavement Services
• Volunteer Services
• Routine Home Care is basic, scheduled medical care for patients who reside in their home.
• Inpatient Care at a contracted facility in the event of a medical crisis.
• Respite Care to provide brief periods of relief to caregivers.
• Continuous Care is available in the event of a medical crisis for home care patients.
Hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and VA. Most major insurance companies also have a hospice benefit. Call Creekside Hospice for more information or to request a Hospice evaluation.
Creekside Hospice does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities or in employment.